Question: Are there any special care instructions for my suit?
Answer: Yes, see below….
- Wash your suit with a mild soap and then rinse it in fresh water after use. Hang to dry inside or in shade.
- Wash your suits separately until any excess dye washes out.
- Most suits will bleed a little the first few washings. This is normal, the bleeding will stop.
- Most bright colored suits will fade in the sun. You can slow this down by soaking your new suit in a mixture of vinegar and water for 30 minutes. (1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 quart of water)
- Do not line dry your suit in the sun, hang it to dry in the shade.
- Use extra caution with holographic and metallic fabrics, they are very delicate. The metallic will eventually wear off. These suits are for show only. Avoid hot tubs, Jacuzzis, and highly chlorinated pools. Wash in cold water only.
- Never: bleach your suit, put it in the dryer, iron it, or wash it with whites.
- Do not sit on abrasive objects (sit on a towel when at the pool or on a boat.)
- Avoid oil based suntan lotions. Oils are harmful to swimwear elastic and will stain some fabrics.
- Hologram Fabrics – The glitter or shiny finish will come off when worn in hot tubs, jacuzzis and highly chlorinated pools.
Question: Are there any general sizing instructions? I’m not sure how to measure for a suit.
Answer: Here are some general guidelines. Of course, feel free to call us for more help.
Your measurements tell us everything we need to know to create the most perfect competition suit you will ever own. Even is you are looking to drop weight before your show, we will know exactly what size suit you will need. We just need a few easily-taken measurements.
How to take measurements:
Measure from the left side of the left breast across the front of the torso to the right side of the right breast.
The tape measure will go just along the front of the torso, not all the way around the body.
Measure around the narrowest part of your natural waistline, usually a bit above the navel.
Measure around the fullest part of your hips, at the
top of the hip bone, usually 2″ to 3″ below the navel.
Measure around the fullest part of your butt/glut area, standing with your feet together.
This measurement is critical for one-piece suits. Measure from between your legs and up to the breast crease where your lower breast meets your solar plexus, right between the breasts.